Old 04-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Dwight Sipler

Default leggy seedlings

zxcvbob wrote:

...My tomatoes get leggy in 4" and 6" pots because my light room gets too
warm in mid-May, and no amount of indoor light is enough when it's 95
degrees. I'm gonna try to get a little greenhouse set up this month so
I can get the plants outside while they are still stocky.

That's certainly something I didn't mention. I try to keep my greenhouse
below 60F and heat the roots.

I think a greenhouse fan is essential. You can cool the greenhouse with
vents alone, but when the mornings are cold and the days are sunny you
might not want to open the vents first thing in the morning when you go
to work. Manual venting requires someone to be there. The fan can be
automated more cheaply than the vents.