Old 22-10-2007, 11:11 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.rural
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default lawn winterize

On Oct 21, 8:30 pm, "Buderschnookie" wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message

. ..

I have never figured out how one would evenly distribute homegrown compost
over a lawn. Any suggestions?

You scoop up a shovelfull and fling it.
With a bit of practice you can get pretty controlled flings- my husband is
very good at it. He hand topdressed 20,000 sq ft of lawn this way just last
month.

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky

Yep. It doesn't take a lot of practice to spread it pretty evenly and
we are not talking "exactly even" here anyhow, just a generaly even
cover with no piles or obvious bare spots gets it.

A good scoopshovel or big flat shovel is the best tool.

Harry K