Old 23-10-2007, 03:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default winters on its way .

Well, cool evenings while we were away have brought fall changes
faster than usual! Our hyacinth have brown spots and the lilies are
pushing much smaller leaves. The fish have even eased off in their
appetities. Not fun to see. Whe the hyacinth have clearly moved
toward brown, however, we will pull them froim the top veggie filter
and see this year's crop of 'through-the-pump-as-eggs' baby goldfish
and koi. They get to safety the hard way!

Jim