Old 23-10-2007, 07:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
gmb gmb is offline

Default Netting... leaf barriers... fall leaves... Cont'd

I finally have some photos of our multiple "screen panel" leaf
solution. The longest of which was to be hinged but that proved too
long and bowed so we opted for 3 stacked screens instead. We haven't
addressed the waterfall area yet, probably will just do a makeshift
screen curtain. (bird netting catches too many stems). So far I've
been able to take a yardstick and whisk the leaves to the side. Later
in the season I'll have to get the leaf blower out.

As I mentioned earlier, our entire yard is shady w/ trees except the
actual house footprint and driveway. There was no leaf-free placement
option. Our pond is above ground, inner dimensions approx. 9x12' not
including waterfall.

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...d%20Screening/

For those interested in revisiting earlier thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...53334770d726dd

Thanks in advance for any input.

Gail
(Northern Virginia)