Old 04-04-2003, 07:20 PM
GeoThermal

Default "Why not eat insects?" - was Which tree and where?

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

We've had problems with the computer, so it's taken me a couple of

days
to post the following recipe for Woodlouse Sauce for fish. The

original
book "Why not eat insects?2 was originally published in 1885, and

gives
recipes and suggestions for eating just about every kind of garden

pest.

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall would be proud of you! :-)

I've eaten insects both knowingly and unknowingly but I know a ten year

old
girl who cooked and ate (with relish - not the sauce type) a dish of
earthworms. She was one of several military family children who were
learning about survival.

And why not?

Why not indeed. We are very reserved when it comes to what we consider food
in this country.