Old 24-10-2007, 05:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Fleas... I'm a magnet.

In article ,
Jim wrote:

Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

Ok, so fleas and mosquitoes love me. I'm not sure why, it could be a
body chemistry thing or a slightly higher body temp. All I know is that
my wife and I can be standing in the same room... Her, they do not touch
but me, they devourer.

At any rate, beyond chemical sprays or whatnot is there a botanical
method that can be done in the yard to stop them, or slow them, before
they get to the house?

Know people say mint will deter ants, which I'll be planting around the
house for the simple reason that I like it in tea if anything else..
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with fleas.

Problem area is not in the main house, but in the basement. We've got a
cat door to the basement which we close the cats up in at night to keep
them from wandering around. Their litter boxes are also located down there.

Now, I'd say sure, they're living on the cats but this is not the case.
I'd sprayed them down with Frontline's spray and there are no fleas on
them.

I'll be picking up some glue traps as well. You know, those ones with
the night light above them? I'd used them in the past with much success
so I'm hoping that it will solve the problem inside. But keeping them at
bay outside is another question.

Looking forward to your thoughts..

Scott--

about every 5 weeks the three cats and the one dog get
treated with FrontLine. the stuff works well and it
don't make the cats sick.

for me, when I go to the pond or out where the mosquitoes
are thick I use a mixture of water and Avon Skin So Soft
Bath Oil. get one of those little pint bottles with a pump
spray mister. fill it half full of water and then add about
6 to 10 drops of the Avon Skin So Soft Bath Oil. I mist
myself and the insects will leave me alone.

Have you considered putting a layer of vegetable oil on the pond?
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights.
Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley