Old 24-10-2007, 04:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bubba[_3_] Bubba[_3_] is offline

Default cordless drill batteries - Milwaukee recall

"willshak" wrote in message
If anyone missed it.
I was over at Harbor Freight and was checking the recalls on their tools.
One safety recall was for Milwaukee 14.4 v and 18 v NiCd battery packs
manufactured between Sept 1999 and February 2004.
This is a Milwaukee recall, not an HF recall.
So, if you have any dead battery pack manufactured between those dates,
get a new one.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/rec...ies_Recall.pdf
(PDF)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Mine are older than that. I got tired of dead batteries so wired my Makita
to plug into a cigarette lighter or connect direct to a car battery as
needed.

A good place to get batteries at a good price is batteries.com. Give it a
try.
A lot of batteries are used in more than one product so you might have to
put a little effort into looking.

Bubba