Old 24-10-2007, 12:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Fleas... I'm a magnet.

Lar expounded:

If the idea of
it's use is because it is a natural product it can work but takes time
if used alone.

I used it as a last resort - and it worked, ending the flea
infestation that had started long before I bought the house.

As for toxic, I think the many flea bombs and exterminator chemicals
that were used here were far worse than the borate treatment.

I have been in numerous homes over the years months after
the BA treatment and the biggest complaint is all the dust that is
constantly stirred up and has to be wiped off tables/counter/ etc so I
would not feel too comfortable breathing the stuff over time.

Then they didn't use it properly. I had no such issues and got the
results I wanted.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts