Old 24-10-2007, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Broccoli :-(

This is exclusively spring-cropping purple ("early purple").

I have occasionally done well, but I had a lot of problems sowing
late, because the plants didn't get to a decent size before winter.
The last two years, I have sown earlier, and the damn plants have
headed in late autumn - with consequent taste, rot and caterpillar
problems. Anyway, I don't want large heads in autumn; I want small
shoots in spring.

I don't THINK that this is the variety, because I have tried three,
all of which were said to be early purple.

So, any hints?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.