Old 24-10-2007, 05:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chip chip is offline

Default Netting... leaf barriers... fall leaves... Cont'd

gmb wrote:
I finally have some photos of our multiple "screen panel" leaf
solution.
As I mentioned earlier, our entire yard is shady w/ trees
Gail
(Northern Virginia)

I may not appreciate the volume of leaves you have to deal with (I lived
in Annapolis and know your region well), but it seems that covering the
pond with screen(s) defeats the purpose of having a pond. Unless you
are just raising fish to be sold, a pond IMHO is for gazing at something
alive and natural, especially the fish. All the money and effort to
make it look natural, then covering that with wood frame screening?

Could you use your leaf blower with the wet leaves on the pond? A pool
leaf net might work for you. It is fast and easy in my pool. How about
a thing like a two handed saw, but instead of a saw blade, a net that
scoops up all the surface leaves in one pass.

Chip