Old 24-10-2007, 11:27 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.gardens
Pennyaline Pennyaline is offline

Default Wooden mulch, bird baths, cats

William Graham wrote:
"Pennyaline" wrote in message
Don't try to use the number of cats you have right now and the statement
you've had many cats during your life as justification. It's lame, and
comical.

What's, "comical" to you isn't necessarily comical to me....My sense of
humor is a bit more expansive than that.....

So is mine, but not so much that you're not funny.

He never went more than two blocks away? How far does a cat have to go to
be lost, injured or killed.

In my case, (where I'm living right now) a lot further than two
blocks.....You should learn to speak for yourself, and your own
circumstances and experience.....Don't try to speak for me.

I wasn't speaking for you, only quoting you. Observe the following,
written by you:

"The above has NOT been my experience, and I am 72 years old and have had
many cats during my life....I have four of them right now....two males (one
fixed, and one not) and two fixed females. Even the unfixed male never went
more than two blocks away, and now, at about 6 years old, he seldom leaves
the property."

See, "two blocks away." Your claim, not mine.

Every cat, even the best "trained" cat is
motivated by prey drive. A fixed well-fed cat will still chase prey just
to chase it.

That's true, and I live on the edge of town.....My cats have over a hundred
acres of farm land behind my house to do their sport hunting on.....

Sooooooo, what about the aforementioned "two blocks"?

But I can see there's no reasoning with you about this.

That's right.....Your mind is made up, so there's no chance that I will
suddenly throw away all my knowledge and experience and acquire
yours...

Okay, mom. That's right, the accident was NEVER your fault, mom.

....You have already decided that you know all about me and my cats.

I'll bet you can read Bush's mind and know that he lied about the WMD's too,
haven't you? Let me guess.....You're a liberal.....Right?

Isn't that prerequisite to having a cat?