Old 04-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Transplanting Red Hot Pokers

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:21:54 +0100, "GeoThermal"
wrote:

Me again :-)

When's the best time to move Red Hot Pokers? A search on Google produced a
blank.

I live on the north coast of Scotland so usually a month behind with
gardening stuff, to allow for the weather, late frosts etc.

George

Living at the opposite end of the UK to you, I can transplant them
almost any time, but where you are I should think in a few weeks time
would be OK. Don't put them into poorly drained soil though, they
don't like wet feet. RHP's originate from S.Africa, on the eastern
side where they have wet summers but dry winters.

--
Chris