Old 25-10-2007, 08:48 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.gardens
William Graham William Graham is offline

Default Wooden mulch, bird baths, cats

"Pennyaline" wrote in message
William Graham wrote:
"Pennyaline" wrote in message
Don't try to use the number of cats you have right now and the statement
you've had many cats during your life as justification. It's lame, and
comical.

What's, "comical" to you isn't necessarily comical to me....My sense of
humor is a bit more expansive than that.....

So is mine, but not so much that you're not funny.

He never went more than two blocks away? How far does a cat have to go
to be lost, injured or killed.

In my case, (where I'm living right now) a lot further than two
blocks.....You should learn to speak for yourself, and your own
circumstances and experience.....Don't try to speak for me.

I wasn't speaking for you, only quoting you. Observe the following,
written by you:

"The above has NOT been my experience, and I am 72 years old and have had
many cats during my life....I have four of them right now....two males
(one
fixed, and one not) and two fixed females. Even the unfixed male never
went
more than two blocks away, and now, at about 6 years old, he seldom leaves
the property."

See, "two blocks away." Your claim, not mine.

My claim of what? - I don't know what the hell you are talking about.
Look....My 4 outside cats are quite safe outside my house.....I live on a
dead end street. It is full of kids and pets playing in the street all the
time. The other side of my house, (the back side) backs up on a huge
Christmas tree farm.....My cats would have to travel several blocks in order
to get near cars, or in the company of strangers. They don't do that....They
never go that far away from the property in the front, and they would have
to travel a half mile or more in the back....Now, do I have to draw you a
map to understand that my four outside cats are not in any danger? And even
if they were, why would you care? They are my cats, and I have to live with
them and their lifestyles. You don't. I am not about to tell you how to care
for your cats, so why are you so passionate about telling me how to care for
mine?
In any case, this conversation is over....I have decided that you are a
stupid troll, so I am going to eliminate you from my email system.....IOW, I
am killfiling you so I no longer have to bother with you.