Old 25-10-2007, 03:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Some pretties on the patio [1/1]

Funny, I was thinking location & not weather? *g* Just to put your mind at
ease, most
of these have opened in the greenhouse & the patio is always on the cool
side.
It's good to know someone who is doing well with cymbidiums, mine don't
bloom too
well for me. I grow them under shadecloth & I am going to try the Tomato
fertilizer?*G*
Looking forward to some cym pics & by the way you Rossi is grand!
Cheers Wendy

"Peter Cliff" wrote in message

Oops, sorry! I wasn't referring to the word patio but to the warmer
weather you must have over there. Whilst there are several species we
can put outside during our summer, I don't know of any that would flower
outside - although this year was really wet with three months continual
rain from the beginning of May right through to the end of July. As a
result I have to keep most of my plants in our south-east facing
conservatory (much to my wife's annoyance!).

However, I am having spectacular success this year with my cymbidiums. I
left them outside last summer and had a total of one flower spike on
four plants. I did the same again this year - but every time I watered
my garden plants with liquid tomato feed I gave my cymbidium plants a
good dosing as well (taking the view it would either kill or cure them).

SNIP ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~