Old 25-10-2007, 02:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_2_] Omelet[_2_] is offline

Default Harvesting Beet Greens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

Om, I didn't say fast food restaurants, I said supermarkets. I doubt
that avocados are grown in Texas, so they must come from Florida or
California. If they are grown in Texas, though, you would do the
neighborhood proud by buying them. The problem is that the profits from
"Wally World" leave Texas, leaving the area that much poorer. If you buy
from a neighbor, the money will circulate locally.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Sorry, misunderstood.

I do occasionally purchase from Farmers Market (when I remember to go)
but local produce stands are rare, and we don't have a good butcher shop
here in town.
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein