Old 25-10-2007, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Another question about planting ivy

On 25 Oct, 09:29, Sacha wrote:
On 25/10/07 02:33, in article , "skinty"

wrote:
Hmmmmm

I Would think or explore something else as we all now ivy
can take over the Garden & Cause all sorts of Problems
Regards
Skinty

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 21 Oct, 14:22, "Space" wrote:
I have finally had enough of looking out of our patio doors into next
doors
conservatory. So I have decided to screen it from my view.
our garden is north facing and any plants to provide a screen would be in
the shade.
I need all year cover. I tried bamboo but it will take forever to grow to
the desired height.
so I am now considering a 6ft x 4ft trellis and covering it with ivy.
which
ivy will not take over my entire garden?!!

Hiya Space. I always wanted the Hedera hibernica 'Digitata Crûg Gold'
because it is SO golden yellow.The Crug Gold is the closer I've found
to the one I planted out but mine has very little leaves. It has
brighten up the corner of my garden so brilliantly, all year round,
north facing and is climbing all over John, a sculpture below. Failing
that give any ivy a bright background, like I've done for our porch.
Green and pink is yummy and will have you smile all year round ;o)

http://cjoint.com/?kyp54dJos5
http://cjoint.com/?kyqchXwR6k

How peculiar that 'skinty' and Helene Rudlin should write absolutely
identical posts. Yet another shape shift?

Right. Sorry for the knee jerk reaction here everybody, but with Sacha
and I history - it's quite understandable.

Sacha, look closely at the post. Skinty has top posted and
contradicted me in fact. Second, he/she has never came here before and
I suspect a troll. Please for the peace of this newsgroup try to
refrain from fights. You've tried several times with Mike - it's
tedious now. Just enjoy people's post and don't think you are policing
this forum. Just take it easy and all will be well.