Old 25-10-2007, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Tree seat

Thank you for the links, the bed/seat looks delightful, something else to
think about during the dark winter evenings :-)

kate

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 20 Oct, 10:55, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
I have just been watching a video of Monty`s shade garden and I like the
simplicity of the tree seat that I saw, is it as simple as it looks and
would it be difficult to make without plans, does any one know ?

I wanted one for years and wanted to be able to lie down ... I'm
lazy ;o) We didn't make any plans for it, but concidered the space and
how many of us could seat together, also eat, read and sleep on it.
The only difficulty was to cut around the trunk and we used a jigsaw
for it. The rest was cut with an ordinary saw. A friend has done a
huge one, several actually, for whole families to loundge on them.
There's the choice of shade, right under the tree and sun for
sunbathing further from the tree canopy. The designs are endless ....

http://cjoint.com/?kymbnRv4pm
http://cjoint.com/?kymcDjpBNS
http://cjoint.com/?kymc3DSfjs