Old 25-10-2007, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT-ish Catalogue survey!

On 25/10/07 17:37, in article
, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

In article ,
says...
On 25/10/07 13:53, in article
,
"Mogga" wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:38:28 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

It's our own catalogue I'm thinking of, Judith. We want to keep it simple
to start with but as the plants we're going to sell via mail order will
only
be the more rare and unusual ones, it would be interesting to have an
overall idea of what people look for in terms of information.

Name, where it will grow well, height, spread, any particular care
pattern (eg: pruning, feeding, watering etc)

Yes. All good ideas.

If you're going to add in history of plant, where it comes from, any
folk lore uses, tnen you'd be making it more interesting. Photos are
nice of course.

Hmmmm, it would be interesting but it might make it a bit long and literally
heavy! We're hoping to have a 'page' on the web site with all or most of
these on it but I think we've got to think of posting it out, too.

why? we gave up the printed catalogue 6 years ago! most people who don't
like computers know someone to do it for them.

Oh good! We do sometimes get asked for plant lists though. Do you send
those out? We don't as up until now we haven't done mail order.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk