Old 25-10-2007, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT-ish Catalogue survey!

On 25/10/07 23:21, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
Apart from Latin name and colour (if no photo) what sort of info do people
think most important in a plant catalogue. I know it needs to be
informative but not too wordy, IMO!

Knowing that Ray produces ,lets say, more unusual plants and interesting
plants, some cultural instructions would be helpful and even perhaps a
"difficulty" index so people don't waste money buying something they have no
hope of ever growing. On top of that a note of where they come from in the
wild and the type of terrain helps growers understand the plant.
Put me on the mailing list. :-)

Thanks, Bob - more good input that I'll pass along. I can see we've a long
way to go before we're ready for the off! Of course you'll be on the
mailing list - founder member! ;-) How's the Furcraea doing, or rather
how are its babies doing, if they survived?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk