Old 04-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Frogleg

Default Trimming Bushes

On 2 Apr 2003 10:23:10 -0800, (Christine
Lipfert) wrote:

Is there a certain rule as to when to trim bushes? The bush I want to
trim is blooming and is blocking entrance to my garage so I'd like to
trim it. Any general rules? Should I wait until the bush stops
blooming?

If the bush is blocking your garage, and you want to get into your
garage, you must prune the bush. If you can wait until the bush
finishes blooming to get into your garage, don't prune the bush until
it stops blooming. Unless the blooms are ugly and you don't care
whether it blooms or not, in which case prune the bush.

In (very) general, pruning is best done shortly after blooming things
bloom.