Old 26-10-2007, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Ideal notebook for gardeners?

"Sacha" wrote in message
"FarmI"
ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
I want to make some spiral bound notebooks

I use A5 notebooks with a bound binding. (These are specifically
selected
because they aren't spiral bound as I've found the spiral bound books
lose
pages too easily) and in addition to these I use an A4 Any Year Diary
(for
when I need to know a date/year of planting out trees, what's in flower
when
etc). The only thing I haven't done yet and which I need to do, is to
either stick an envelope into the back of one of my notebooks, or create
folder with such envelopes for sticking plant labels into - those plastic
things that can't be pasted into notebook and for which I know I won't
remember the name and for which I don't want to make up a proper metal
name
tage.

I think Janet has corrected herself from spiral binding to wire. I agree
about spiral binding. The pages seem to tear away far too easily. Glad
we
agree about the little pocket at the back - and now I know you're one of
those people who pinches the labels out of our plant pots, causing the
next
customer to tell us, indignantly, "this isn't labelled!" ;-)))

Well, I might consider theiving them from your pot plants if given the
opportunity, but I have to plead innocence to theiving them from your pot
plants or any nursery owners. Plants here all seem to come with their own
placcie label. In fact I hate the blasted things because they breed and I
only ever need one.