Old 27-10-2007, 02:36 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
San Diego Joe San Diego Joe is offline

Default Mosquito larvae in Jun's "pond"

"Nick Cramer" wrote:

There's a million of 'em!

I tried Mosquito Fish in my Koi pond a few years ago, but they didn't make
it through the winter, which is fast approaching, even here in Southern
California.

Is there something I can put on/in the water that will kill them without
harming the lotuses and water chestnuts nor make them toxic to eat?

Thanks.

Hi Nick,

The quantity of mosquito fish goes down every year during the winter,
especially after the frost we had last winter. I've always had plenty by
spring again though. If you contact your county vector control they give
them away.

The other alternative is mosquito dunks.

Were you near the fire? We have soot and dust everywhere. Three years ago we
could see the flames but were lucky enough that they stopped before our
place. We live on a canyon and one more jumped freeway and it would have
been a fast track to out place.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.