Old 27-10-2007, 04:30 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nick Cramer[_2_] Nick Cramer[_2_] is offline

Default Mosquito larvae in Jun's "pond"

San Diego Joe wrote:
"Nick Cramer" wrote:
[ . . . ]
The quantity of mosquito fish goes down every year during the winter,
especially after the frost we had last winter. I've always had plenty by
spring again though. If you contact your county vector control they give
them away.

The other alternative is mosquito dunks.

Were you near the fire? We have soot and dust everywhere. Three years ago
we could see the flames but were lucky enough that they stopped before
our place. We live on a canyon and one more jumped freeway and it would
have been a fast track to out place.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info. I don't wanna hafta deal with all those belly up
mosquito fish, even though they'd make good fertilizer for the water
chestnuts. Plus, I know it would get Jun real upset. I'll look into the
mosquito dunks.

I'm in N. Hollywood (San Fernando Valley), so the fires were no threat to
us. Glad you came through unscathed.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~