Old 27-10-2007, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default christmas tomatoes

Thank you both for your comments and interest, I am in Gloucestershire near
the Welsh border a couple of fields away from the River Severn and all
things are very damp today.

kate...

is having Christmas toms as simple as planting some later than the
others,
sowing seeds in relays, would that work? goes off thinking and
muttering -----

kate

If I don't pull them up ours are always still there at Christmas in a
small unheated greenhouse, but the reason we give up before that is that
once the short dull days start, you get a lot of Botrytus and the taste
starts to alter and they are not as good toeat raw
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk