Old 04-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Richard

Default Hand post auger

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Richard wrote:
Hi. Where in the UK do I buy a hand post auger that allows me to hand
drill holes about 4 or 6 inches in diameter and up to 6 feet deep?

Must
be some retailers in UK. :c)

SIX feet? Try an oil industry supplier :-)

The normal hand auger is 3-4' only. Most agricultural suppliers
should stock them. Why do you want one that goes down 6'?

Well 5 feet would do. Want to put in an earth rod, and instead of
bashing in a 6 foot rod, wanted to bore then surround rod with good
conductivity material.

Yep, 3 feet seems to be normal depth for hand augers.

I know, I probably should just hire, but I wanted to know where I could
buy one if I wanted to buy one.

Rich.