Old 27-10-2007, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sacha Hubbard

In article ,
says...
"judith.lea" wrote:

Are you in New York
State Gary?

Yes; in the hills about 30 miles west of Albany; perhaps 180 miles west of
Boston (the American one). 1400 feet elevation, so a bit cooler than the
maps would indicate. That's a two-edged sword: my summers are a bit
cooler, but I usually get the first frost somewhat later than the valleys
below.

Is that the Albany-new york of Clematis 'Betty Corning' fame? (Wife of a
mayor there 1920's-1930's)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk