Old 27-10-2007, 08:07 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Mosquito larvae in Jun's "pond"

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:30:38 CST, Nick Cramer wrote:

Thanks for the info. I don't wanna hafta deal with all those belly up
mosquito fish, even though they'd make good fertilizer for the water
chestnuts. Plus, I know it would get Jun real upset. I'll look into the
mosquito dunks.

If this is the small pond you had on that website, a few drops of veggie
oil will smother them. After a few days, put in an air stone and keep the
water agitated so new skitters won't be tempted to lay eggs. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us