Old 28-10-2007, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Evergreen Climbers

In article ,
lid says...
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:38:22 +0100, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 15:27:19 -0000, "judith.lea"
wrote:

On Oct 27, 3:59 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 14:56:53 -0000, "judith.lea"
wrote:

On Oct 27, 3:44 pm, Charlie Pridham
wrote:
In article ,

Charlie, can I tag on here, I want a clematis, hardy, evergreen, south
east facing, the Auvergne, France, snow in December and Jan Feb and
March pretty vicious. Is there anything I could plant in these
conditions?

RHShttp://www.rhs.org.uk/WhatsOn/gardens/hydehall/archive/hydehallpom05j...

You Darling, thank you. Now I have to see if I can find it in France
otherwise Charlie will be sending me one next Spring.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

I'm waiting for somebody to tell me just how hardy it is.

I couldn't get the page to open, what is it about?

Googlegroups has mangled the URL.
It was about Clematis cirrhosa var. purpurascens 'Freckles'

http://tinyurl.com/2fsolf
or
http://www.rhs.org.uk/WhatsOn/garden...llpom05jan.asp

In case you still can't access it is here is the text

Gardens

RHS Garden Hyde Hall
Harlow Carr | Hyde Hall | Rosemoor | Wisley |

Thanks for that (my news reader seems to have snipped it from the reply
but its there in your post)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk