Old 28-10-2007, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Suttons seeds

On Oct 28, 9:59 am, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 02:54:55 -0700, runner bean
wrote:

On 25 Oct, 19:54, Sacha wrote:
On 25/10/07 15:17, in article
om, "Dave Hill"

wrote:
On 25 Oct, 13:51, "judith.lea" wrote:
On Oct 25, 1:38 pm, Sacha wrote:

Suttons Seed co. is up for sale for anyone with some spare
cash!http://tinyurl.com/3d6d7v

Will it come in a pictorial packet with instructions?

David Hill

Sad, though - end of an era etc.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Very sad if Suttons comes to an end. If there is land involved then I
wouldn't be surprised Wyvale buys it. They seem to be buying up every
other brown site around. The propertiesd alone will be worth a fortune
as more houses are needed, but what happens to people wanting plants
and nice centres?

Locally garden centres are closing down all the time in Holland. There are none
left in the town we live in. The nearest one in the next village is going to
focus on garden design and selling garden furniture, and will no longer sell
plants. His plants were good, but his garden design isn't. It seems that more
and more people want plantless gardens.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

I don't know where you live in Holland but I have friends in Amsterdam
and Rotterdam and I found great garden centres/nurseries there,
although the last time I visited one was a few years ago so maybe
things have changed.

Judith