Old 28-10-2007, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Evergreen Climbers

On 28/10/07 16:55, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
"Jeff Layman" writes:

| Difficult to tell from Met Office info available on the web. I guess Bolton
| is too far inland to have its climate influenced by the sea. Have really
| only the last two winters been freakishly mild? Surely only a couple of
the
| last dozen or so winters have shown anything like the sort of frosts we
| should have expected.

Oh, yes, but only the last two have had virtually NO frost, and fairly
consistely high average temperatures!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Does this mean some law of averages or other should be making us nervous??
Who was that was going to start a thread on berries on the trees. I saw a
holly tree the other day.......... ;-))
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk