Old 28-10-2007, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
barnsley barnsley is offline

Default Canadian seeks id of an English tree

snip

Looks like a rather wind-blasted oak tree, doesn't it?

-++++ Sacha, Thank you for a VERY prompt reply.

My tree knowledge is abysmal, but your suggestion does "look" right to
me.
It never prospered in 45 years, always an uneven silhouette and
scraggly branches --- maybe the din and smoke of a half-century of
stock cars have hindered it ----!
David Kipling
BC, Canada
..