Old 28-10-2007, 10:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
D. Staples D. Staples is offline

Default tree problems to address

"symplastless" wrote in message
I have a pretty good understanding of trees. Shigo has offered a lot to
people who had a desire to learn about trees. What are you suggesting I
do? Forget about the teachings?

Stop living through some one elses work.

Don Staples claims to be a tree expert yet he has little if any
understanding of tree biology. And that bothers him and I think he is
jealous.

That's funny, I had more biology as a freshman than you have in all your 2
day courses, tree butcher.

Forestry "Get the wood out" or; Management to get the wood out! My
concern, and question is, how can anyone manage something they do not
understand? Until forestry teaches the parts of the system, problems will
increase, not decrease. Thinking: How can they manage something, if they
do not know what the something is?
Forests are natural systems made up of trees and their associates
connected in such highly ordered ways that all parts have equal
opportunities for survival as energy is trapped. Would in not be
wonderful if people really knew what they were talking about! Especially
if they discuss forest management

John is a tree butcher, making his living cutting limbs, and trying to be
Dr. Shigo.

Beware of so-called tree biologist who have never studied biology.