Old 29-10-2007, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Suttons seeds

On 28/10/07 18:01, in article , "Anne
Jackson" wrote:

The message from Sacha contains these
words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote:
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

I wouldn't be surprised if Tesco buy them up.

That would complement their acquisition of Dobbie's, certainly...

Apparently T&M is up for sale, too. Ray thinks that its present
format was
the result of a management buy out.
Now I just wish that someone like Richard Branson would buy Little
Chef and
turn them into really good roadside caffs like L'Arche in France! We ate
well at those and even got paper tray cloths into the bargain!

I did management training with the Forte organisation, many years
ago, with a view to working in one of their Little Chefs... their
idea, not mine! I just went looking for a job as a part-time waitress!

Didn't get offered a job at the end of it, though - I didn't 'fit in',
somehow! ;-)

Can't think why? Time for your take over bid, perhaps? ;-)

I absolutely refused to follow their guidelines on how long everything
should be cooked! *I* left everything until it was _properly_ cooked!

As for 'a portion of croutons is FIFTEEN croutons' well, I ignored that
too! Everyone got a spoonful - usually more than 15! If they thought
that I was going to stand and count out fifteen, every time someone
ordered soup, they had another think coming! 'A portion of chips is
eight ounces...'!! They were supposed to be weighed, as well!

As for the rest of their petty rules...e.g. 'a pancake must be exactly
twelve inches in diameter'!! Well, I ask you... do _you_ take a ruler
to your pancakes? ;-)

(Sorry for posting off-topic!)

Okay. You AND Richard Branson! And No, I don't take a ruler to my pancakes
- everyone else takes a shovel and fork. I make fabulous Yorkshire puddings
and awful pancakes. In fact, you've reminded I've got to work on those.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk