Old 29-10-2007, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default christmas tomatoes

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
is having Christmas toms as simple as planting some later than the others,
sowing seeds in relays, would that work? goes off thinking and
muttering -----

kate

We always eat our last tomatoes on Christmas Eve.

At this time of year I pick all the green ones, on their vines, to avoid
cold damage (we're in Yorkshire) and put them in a basket in the kitchen.
Every few days I pick them over and remove the ripened ones.

For the last twenty years the last have ripened for our Christmas Eve meal,
to accompany the stand pie one of us has made.

Mary