Old 29-10-2007, 09:50 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.rural
Jim Jim is offline

Default from a dead looking stick

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Jim wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Jim wrote:

[....]
a Confederate Rose bush.

That is neat. I did a quick google and it isn't nearly hardy enough.

yea, Confederates don't do well up north, just look what
happened to them at Gettysburg.

Snicker! I wasn't even going to go there. I plenty of New Englanders that
have headed south, but the few southerners that came north couldn't handle
the weather.

in a different life when I was traveling for Nortel I made
many trips to Canada in January and February. it was during
those trips I discovered how we in NC should not use the word
'cold' as a descriptor for describing the weather conditions
here in NC. it simply does not get cold in NC.