Old 29-10-2007, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Palest yellow acacia

We have planted an Acacia expecting it to be the usual A. dealbata but it
produced flowers in mid-summer. They are exactly like the normal mimosa
flowers but they're the palest possible yellow and the leaves are like A.
dealbata. Anyone any ideas about the proper name of an Acacia that flowers
in mid-summer and is very, very pale yellow - so much so that from a short
distance they're almost white. It also beat the world record for growth -
it was almost a question of 'plant and stand well back'!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk