Old 29-10-2007, 11:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Carolyn LeCrone Carolyn LeCrone is offline

Default Rhubarb OK to eat in autumn?

Who would eat it uncooked?
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"David E. Ross" wrote in message
On 10/29/2007 10:52 AM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Because my rhubarb plant had the nerve to try and shade the oregano,
I've
been cutting off its older, larger leaves all summer. I offered some to
neighbor yesterday, but she wondered if it was OK to use the stalks at
this
time of year (for baking). I had no idea. Anyone know?

Raw rhubarb is quite toxic. Cooked stalks are quite delicious.
David E. Ross

No kidding?

That response has absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked.