Old 30-10-2007, 01:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Rhubarb OK to eat in autumn?

In article ,
"Carolyn LeCrone" wrote:

Who would eat it uncooked?
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"David E. Ross" wrote in message
On 10/29/2007 10:52 AM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Because my rhubarb plant had the nerve to try and shade the oregano,
I've
been cutting off its older, larger leaves all summer. I offered some to
neighbor yesterday, but she wondered if it was OK to use the stalks at
this
time of year (for baking). I had no idea. Anyone know?

Raw rhubarb is quite toxic. Cooked stalks are quite delicious.
David E. Ross

No kidding?

That response has absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked.

Good solid stalks? I would. They are very efficacious.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights.
Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley