Old 30-10-2007, 01:27 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.rural
Jim Jim is offline

Default from a dead looking stick

JimR wrote:

Jim wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

[snip]
but the few southerners that came north couldn't
handle the weather.

in a different life when I was traveling for Nortel I made
many trips to Canada in January and February. it was during
those trips I discovered how we in NC should not use the word
'cold' as a descriptor for describing the weather conditions
here in NC. it simply does not get cold in NC.

Two winters at Fort Churchill made getting back to southern Ontario seem
springlike -- but I don't think roses would have grown in the winter --

Ottawa was the usual destination because the BNR labs for
the products I was associated with were located there. I
tried to get a summer time trip but never managed it.
Buffalo NY was another place where the word 'cold' was
applicable.