Old 30-10-2007, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
barnsley barnsley is offline

Default Canadian seeks id of an English tree

On Oct 29, 4:18 pm, "Derek" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message

. uk...

On 28/10/07 16:32, in article
om,
" wrote:

This may seem silly, but I want to identify a tree that appears in the
background in three photos I took in 1963 in England (I am now in
Canada). The tree is quite distinctive in shape.

snip

Looks like a rather wind-blasted oak tree, doesn't it?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

http://www.oldstox.com/664sideways.jpg

could be an Oak or possibly an old Elm Treehttp://www.blisworth.org.uk/images/Occasions/23-14aU%20Last-Hunt.jpg
the circuit is now known an NIR Northampton International Raceway

http://www.mkpics.smugmug.com/galler.../5145700/Large
plenty of images to check through.
Derek- Hide quoted text -

Thanks very much to DEREK and to CWATTERS for links to those photos.
What a treat, to my nostalgic mind, to see the skyline remain after 45
years. Are you guys gardeners who helpfully google or gardeners who
also happen to know stock-car racing? And yes, I think there was ivy
at work in that hedgerow. Please forgive my double-identity hotmail
addresses!
David Kipling
BC, Canada