Old 30-10-2007, 10:37 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.rural
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default How cold is it were you are NOW - WAS from a dead lookingstick

On 10/29/07 8:16 PM, in article , "JimR"
wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

[snip]
plenty of New Englanders that
have headed south, but the few southerners that came north couldn't
handle
the weather.

in a different life when I was traveling for Nortel I made
many trips to Canada in January and February. it was during
those trips I discovered how we in NC should not use the word
'cold' as a descriptor for describing the weather conditions
here in NC. it simply does not get cold in NC.

Two winters at Fort Churchill made getting back to southern Ontario seem
springlike -- but I don't think roses would have grown in the winter --

As I write, it is 6:36 AM and it 28 degrees. And still dark.

Cheryl
Southern NH