Old 31-10-2007, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Niki[_2_] Niki[_2_] is offline

Default Rosemary

On Oct 31, 2:24 am, Stitch wrote:
I am interested in planting rosemary in my garden. I have read that
if the winter is harsh (below 5 F / -15 C) then it should be potted
and brought in doors. Does anybody have tips on how large of a pot I
should use?

Hi, Stitch
I have planted a few rosemary plants into my veggie garden from
curttngs before winter and they are growing well. The winter had a lot
of frosty nights and some days with a few degrees bellow zero.
Apparently rosemary is a frost and drought resistant plant. So
hopefully you will have no problems. If planting in a pot, use a size
that is suitable to the plant size. As the plant grows, just
transplant into a bigger pot. GL
Niki