Old 31-10-2007, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default ID please?

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
We're back from Wales and while passing a florists in Lampeter I saw a
tray of these for sale. Having never seen anything like them before I went
in to ask about them.

The florist had no idea what they were but that he'd sold a lot. A
customer said she didn't know what it was but that it grew on her rockery,
in Lampeter, and spread.

I bought one for the novelty - and to use for ground cover I hope.

Someone here will know what it is - I hope.

It looks like orange dress pins stuck into tiny cress! This picture is
poor and I forgot to use something for scale. the whole of the plant is
not more than 4" across.

Mary
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6ga0ok3&s=1

Its sold in Holland as a houseplant..............Especially around now for
Halloween!
Not sure how hardy it is outside:

http://www.flowers.org.uk/plants/pla...ranadensis.htm

toptropicals.com/.../uid/Nertera_granadensis.htm

davesgarden.com/.../none/none/cultivar/0/

Jenny