Old 01-11-2007, 02:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Awful Quite, What's Everyone Up To?

On 10/31/07 7:15 AM, in article
, "enigma"
wrote:

Scott Hildenbrand wrote in
:

Myself, I'm busy with building a fence for the hounds so
they have an outside run area during the day instead of
hanging out in the house.

Got pics up at
http://www.hildenbrands.com/gallery/dog-run/gallery/ if
anyone is bored.

ooh. fancy. my dogs just have electric fence... no, not that
stupid invisible stuff, just electric fence set at 1', 2', &
4'. that pretty much discourages the chickens from going into
the dog's areas & keeps the dogs where they belong.
i used to let them run in the pasture, but i got a pair of
nanny goats & they beat the snot out of my Malamute (he's very
non-dominant), so he has his own yard now. sometimes my Great
Pyr/Border Collie cross goes out with him, but they don't
really like each other much (the GP/BC is older & the Mal is
too active for his taste). the goats don't bother the GP/BC
for some reason.

my current project is brushing out the llamas before it gets
too wintery. Juni was easy, only 2 hours, but she's all short
hairs. i spent 3 hours on Sally yesterday & she still has some
mats in her undercoat. i let her go after 3 hours though. i
didn't really want to try her (seemingly infinite) patience.
llamas don't like much handling.
today is Russian's turn. he's dumb as a rock & a horrible
mess. he's been rolling in pine, so he's probably all pitch &
sticks
lee

Hey Lee, you going spin that wool? I'll take some roving for felting!
Cheryl