Old 01-11-2007, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default 'Salcombe rosemary'

On Nov 1, 6:54 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 1/11/07 18:49, in article , "Nick

Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha writes:
| On 1/11/07 17:34, in article e6oWi.165223$Da.160727@pd7urf1no, "graham"
| wrote:
|
| http://i12.tinypic.com/5ylxwnn.jpg
|
| .... I understand there is some dispute as
| to whether this is the European or the Californian variety. Either way,
| the leaves have a very pleasant smell.
|
| To me, it just looks like bay but is there a danger in confusing the two?!

Not really. If the information off the Web is reliable, the Californian
plant never has crinkly leaf edges. True bay always always does, and
that one does.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Oh good. Ours certainly do but I wondered only if there was some toxic
thing involved.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

I hope not Sacha, as I use any old bay for boeuf stews. (About the
only thing I can cook)

Judith