Old 02-11-2007, 12:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default short and sweet

"madgardener" wrote in message
Good day friends.....
Madgardener, aka "Maddie" here. Not melodramatics, no fan fare, no horns
or sad sounds. Short and sweet. (for a change) things here in Faerie
Holler are going in the direction that I previously talked about. I am
facing upheavals and life changing situations that continuously challenge
me on a daily basis. I am packing my house into boxes that I have to make
sure are not silly things. Packing a house that holds more than 40 years
of memories isn't easy. Divorce is not pretty, and when you think you
know someone, you might NOT. I WILL lose my home and Faerie Holler. I
might lose the only vehicle I have because Squire (aka John, the one day
ex-husband when the divorce comes final)decided to not pay the house note
or car note, has cut off my health insurance, the house insurance and car
insurance (which makes the over due amounts even more threatening and
imminent) I am dealing with life on this level. But in the midst of all
the turmoil, despite facing literal homelessness, I have the love and
support of a person who truly loves and adores me for the awesome woman
that I realize I've always been. I'm not perfect, but being happy makes
things more tolerable and it just goes to show that if things are right
emotionally, the rest try to fall into place. Say a job prayer for us.
We've still not landed jobs here in the eastern part of Tennessee. To make
enough to pay rent and basic things would seem simple enough. And we're
both willing to work. But it's not as easy as it used to be. And we both
have incredible qualifications.

We need to find a place to live, and that means I might lose my three dogs
that I love dearly (as well as two of the four cats, as my oldest son who
lives with me is leaving the sinking ship and will take his cat with him,
and dear old Pester's aka "Old Krusty the Kat" will go to my youngest son
who now lives with his girlfriend and two children not far from here. To
pack my gardening books, my life, and face harsh realities is easy when
you have the emotional support of someone who is solid and real and who
feels deeply about life with you. Soooo, when son moves out (whenever
that happens, and it might be when the mortgage company initiates
foreclosure which is just a matter of time) the internet will be shut off
again. But I have my yahoo account address, and unless the car financing
company repossesses the only transportation I have before I can relocate
to a hospitable place where I can catch a bus or walk to work, I will
check my e-mail's at the library as I did this summer when the crap was
starting to hit the fence.

If I am able, I will dig up bulbs and send them to a few friends in the
states as I am able as I dismantle things here. I know I can't take
things with me, but there are some things I MUST take. My dragon lilies
(now realizing they're 15 year old Regal lilies) are dug up and in a
bucket with rich, black soil to protect them as they slumber for
Springtime. Beverly's "taters" or Wood's hyacinths that she gifted me a
few years ago that are now a memory as she too has lost her home after
losing sweet George. I will try to keep "Gardengal" Pam Sinclair's gift
of the "Diablo" ninebark if I can. I will dig up the three incredible
tree peonies and pot them that Mary Emma had me take of her now destroyed
and dismantled gardens. If I can do it, I will cut back and dig up and
pot the Deutzia that sweet John Skeffington rooted me a little cutting
from his own that despite the harsh drought that we're still in,
flourishes. There will be things that I know I can't dig and take. I've
dug up bulbs and a few things already, but realistically I realize that
it's just being practical and moving on with life. I promise that I will
try and come and write and share things of gardening nature. I have a few
things to share with you all now as it is.......in digging up the "Dragon
lilies" the other day in a moment of garden madness,James came out and
found me digging bulbs. We decided to attempt to dig the tuber of the 4
o'clocks that this year flourished incredibly. The magenta tuber I
accidentally broke off in digging up the Dragon lily was the size of a
football........so we tried to dig up a magenta tuber and a yellow
flowered one. they were HUGE. And bent the Fiskar spade in the process.
The drought has tightened up the soil to a point where it's like digging
up a tree.

I am now looking for bulbs only, and focusing on things I CAN'T replace
ever. And I know I can't have regrets, because I have pictures and some
of my words. My love is with you all and I promise I will keep in touch
and hopefully before Spring, there will be another Faerie Holler wherever
it winds up being. Have a good fall and please, keep in touch?

Madgardener, up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36 where the drought
still prevails

I don't often see your posts because they get trashed by some sort of filter
on line lengths.
I am still not certain about the authenticity of this post but all I can say
is that you need to choose your friends very carefully at a vulnerable stage
of your life.
Ignore the advice and offers of support from strangers, which certainly
includes the contributors to this thread. ( me too perhaps).
You are attracting the attention of the odd Looney, who thrives on the sort
of situation you have described..

Best of Luck