Old 01-11-2007, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default 'Salcombe rosemary'

On 1/11/07 20:56, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article .com,
"judith.lea" writes:
| On Nov 1, 6:54 pm, Sacha wrote:
|
| Not really. If the information off the Web is reliable, the
Californian
| plant never has crinkly leaf edges. True bay always always does, and
| that one does.
|
| Oh good. Ours certainly do but I wondered only if there was some toxic
| thing involved.
|
| I hope not Sacha, as I use any old bay for boeuf stews. (About the
| only thing I can cook)

Few herbs or spices are good for you in excess, as the chemicals that
give the flavour are normally slightly toxic. But you generally have
to eat them in quantities that few people could stomach to have
problems. Nutmeg is a notorious exception.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

One of my daughters loathes and detests nutmeg. What does she know that the
rest of us don't?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk