Old 02-11-2007, 03:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Low-e glass light transmission for plants?

Photosynthesis absorbs in the blue and red. "e" blocks UV(IIRC), which is typical of
glass greenhouses anyway. Ingrid

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 00:27:16 GMT, "ker_01" wrote:
I'm planning on putting a storm window over the picture window, and I have
a choice of regular glass and low-e glass. The price difference is minimal,
but before I go with the low-e I want to know if it is going to block
wavelengths that are beneficial to the plants.

Can anyone point me to a relevant resource?

Thanks!
Ketih