Old 02-11-2007, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default 'Salcombe rosemary'

On 2 Nov, 12:39, Dave Poole wrote:
I can easily imagine you hoping to invent or
amend any response in order take another stab.

As I've posted before, Sacha had written about this lavender before,
had asked Olivier before. I had talked to Olivier in the french garden
forum in February, along to other people. I had suggested an expert as
well, but she wouldn't remember that either. She didn't realised any
of it because she's sinile. Here is what she wrote and sent in this
forum in February. She posted a picture of it already, but now says
she didn' t etc. Whatever you think, either you are also loosing some
of your grey matter or you just feel like divulging some sort of
alcoholic vitriol only people with problems do. Cheers.

On 19/2/07 16:37, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:
snip
we went over to Salcombe today to the house he was
thinking of and took a photo of the rosemary there. Olivier Filippi says he
seriously doubts it's R. Barcelona because that one gets damaged by frost
even in his trial garden and he says it's not worth photographing.
However, I've sent him a photograph of the Salcombe one and promised him
some cuttings if it isn't one he has.

snip
O. Filippi thinks it is close to R. Barcelona now he's seen the photos -
hard to tell from photos. He's asked for some cuttings to trial it at his
place, so I'm posting some to him tomorrow. Cottage Nursery in Lincolnshire
are no longer listing R. Jackman's Prostrate on their web site.

Here's a photo of this mysterious rosemary. Quite apart from what
its
proper name is, it's a remarkable plant! My son's put it up for me on
our
web site - ignore the bit about the car, he has a strange sense of
humour at
times!
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk/salcombe.htm
--