Old 02-11-2007, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sheila Sheila is offline

Default bouganvillia (update)

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
They "like" stress. They bract more when they're potbound and too
dry, when the humidity is this high the stress levels lower and they
bract less. Now the pressure is up and the air dryer an improvement
is quite visible in mine, the leaves are wetter looking and the
bracts are back, and the little flowers inside are stronger.

I only know this cos when I got it I panicked and read about
everything there is to read about them. Marvellous plants.

Do you let bees etc in to your conservatory?

My bougainvillea doesn't look well. It is all leggy and spiney, there are
two stems, one has no leaves at all. the other stem branches into two, and
there are 4 leaves on each, and one bract on the top. its still the same
height, I haven't given it much water, think I'll just leave it and see what
happens..... The little white one didn't take at all, so that got
thrown away. now the Orange one has grown and grown and grown, its 20
inches tall, lots of leaves, from one stem, but lots of growth round the
base, and some pretty little orange bracts on the top, quite different from
the cerise one. Any thoughts on the cerise one, shall I just leave it
or do you think a trim might be in order!